Temp to Perm
- Salary: £19,000 - £23,000
- Location: St Helens
- Contract: Temp to Perm
Our Client, a large well-established, family run company in St Helens require a Warehouse Supervisor to join their existing team.
Hours of Work: 8am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday
Role: Managing an area of operation in a busy distribution centre. Planning resources of up to 8 Operatives to maintain and exceed KPIs and client expectations.
- Performing team meetings, toolbox talks and start of shift briefings, ensuring colleagues are informed of targets and expectations.
- Aiding in the recruitment and introduction process of new staff.
- Producing daily reports on team performance and deadlines using the WMS.
- Managing the daily work plan.
- Manage and organise daily picking/checking requirements.
- Monitor accuracy and organisation of all outbound goods.
- Supervise picking and checking process for accuracy.
- Manage the inbound unloading, checking and receipting of goods.
- Complete inbound paperwork as per company procedures.
- Carry out training of all picking/checking staff.
- Monitor staff performance against set targets.
- Motivate and coach staff to help them reach their objectives.
- Challenge staff that are not performing to company performance levels.
- Ensure company housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Full adherence to health and safety policy and procedures.
- Assist in employee training, development and engagement.
- Carry out monthly performance reviews will all staff.
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to your Manager.
- To monitor all staff to ensure health and safety rules and regulations are being followed.
- Challenge unsafe behaviour/practices.
- Carry out incident/accident investigation, following company procedure.
- Any other duty reasonably requested by management.
- Previous experience in a similar people management position.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to motivate and organize staff members.
- Experience in a fast-paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Experience with warehouse management systems.
- Experience with PDA picking functionality.
- Experienced in staff management.
- Must be capable of working unsupervised to meet specific deadlines.
- Any H & S qualifications and experience will be highly advantageous
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds