- Salary: £30-35,000pa
- Location: Flintshire
- Contract: Permanent
This is an exceptional opportunity for an Operations Manager to join a company who are well-established and expanding. They are looking for someone with operational experience ideally gained within the events industry, to grow and oversee all the installations and ensure the smooth running of the business with the help of the site/ event and Team Leaders.
The Operations Manager will manage all the physical set up of events at client sites. To ensure all stock and component parts are stored and transported correctly, to ensure safety, damage minimisation and compliance. You will ensure all equipment is fit for purpose at all times and work with the Operations team to provide support across all parts of the business and deputise for the Group Operations Manager as required.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, company pension scheme, company social events and free parking. Due to the rural location of the office, you will need to have your own transport, along with a UK driving licence with either B+E or C1 category.
You will be provided with training or qualifications in forklift truck driving, first aid, manual handling, working at heights and management courses.
Core hours of work are Monday – Thursday 7.45am – 5pm (Friday 7.30 – 4pm). You will also be on call 1 in 4 weekends and will work weekends (2 days per month) as required during the summer months.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Work with the senior management team to grow the businesses formulating strategies and plans
- Manage build schedules and manage build crews and off-site teams to deliver projects in specific time constraints
- Authorise and manage staff time sheets and holiday allocations for Operations team
- Personal development and motivation of all staff to include organising regular team meetings and annual appraisals
- To organise training where appropriate and provide on the job coaching and mentoring to staff
- Focus on continual efficiency of resources to avoid wastage and maximise profitability
Main Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the warehouse and stock management
- Working with the Operations team, providing logistical and labour planning support for the business and encourage effective working relationships with team members and suppliers
- Responsible for onsite customer liaison and generating incremental sales
- Installing and removing equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Identify and implement new systems to improve efficiency within the business
- Provide the link between the office team and Operations to ensure good communication is maintained
- Manage staffing levels to ensure sufficient labour is in place and manage part time working team to ensure maximum efficiency and weekend staff cover is in place to meet orders and to plan logistics accordingly
- Being responsible for all site teams to ensure success of the event and maximise commercial opportunities for the company
- Ensure all jobs are completed to the high standards the company needs to maintain
- Driving as required to deliver and collect equipment
Personal Attributes – Essential for the Role:
- Management / supervisory experience gained within events, installations, projects or logistics
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Motivated by delivering successful projects and receiving positive client feedback
- Fantastic problem solver and able to “think outside the box”
- Commercial decision maker
- Organisational skills / ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Good leadership skills with the ability to delegate
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office and TSS
- Happy to work occasional unsociable hours (rest days provided)
- Must hold a UK driving licence with either B+E or C1 category
KEYWORDS: logistics, installation, warehouse, equipment, project, Supervisor, Team Leader, management
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.