- Salary: £10.50 - £14.00
- Location: Northampton
- Contract: Temporary
We are working with an ambitious company that has grown rapidly to become one of the UK’s leading third- party logistics providers. Their general activities are booking clients products into their warehouse through a goods in department, they control clients stock levels, receive orders from their customers, we then pick the products ordered accurately, pack them and dispatch them using the most appropriate carrier.
As a Warehouse Assistant you will be involved in every aspect of the smooth running of a warehouse, from producing order pick list to final dispatch of goods. Supporting and assisting with stock control of their clients’ products. Active involvement with continuous improvement projects, training and taking responsibility for ensuring the workplace environment is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
The hours here are shift based, depending on which shift you complete will dictate the pay rates as below. Shifts available are 06:00 to 14:00 / 14:00 to 22:00 / 22:00 to 06:00.
06:00 to 14:00 – £10.50 per hour
14:00 to 22:00 – £12.50 per hour
22:00 to 06:00 – £14.00 per hour
- Produce and work from picking lists, to fulfill, pack and dispatch client orders
- Use a PDA for picking and booking in goods
- Processing of orders ensuring that client instructions are fully implemented
- Ensure all orders are fulfilled within specified time frames
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, Sales and externally with customers and transport organisations
- Ensure warehouse is always kept clean and tidy, with empty boxes flattened and stored in the correct location of the warehouse
- Potential risks, problems or product defects to be reported immediately to a senior member of staff
- Be pro-active in reporting to your Line Manager when stationery and packaging materials are running in short supply
- To carry out all activities in a manner that promotes safety to yourself and your colleagues
- Contribute actively to achieving departmental service level and targets
- Regularly ensure accurate locations of goods and pick orders from correct location.
- Pack orders in accordance with client instructions
- Dispatch orders through the system, selecting a carrier and producing a shipping label. Ensure item is put in correct location for collection by carrier.
- Ensure aware of health and safety procedures and highlight any risks to Warehouse Manager or H&S officer.
- Once competent act as a Mentor for allocated clients and carry out training with colleagues
- Capable IT skills and ability to learn a bespoke warehousing IT system
- Previous experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- An awareness of the importance of health and safety in a warehousing environment
- Reliable and conscientious – a good timekeeper
- Clear communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrate sufficient command of the English language to understand Health and Safety instructions, write straightforward e-mails and give verbal instructions/information to colleagues
- Physically fit enough to work in a role where the vast majority of the day is standing and requires some lifting
- Warehouse experience (desirable)
KEYWORDS: warehouse, PDA, picking, packing, dispatch, goods, orders
Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.