- Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Permanent
Our client based in Chester is currently looking for a technical Estimator to join their team. The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Director and will be required to work effectively with production, Quality, Stores, Finance, and sales team.
The Technical Estimator will liaise with customers and clearly define their requirements. From this a detailed cost analysis for the delivery of the customer requirement will be calculated. Once costs are defined, the Technical Estimator will liaise with Sales to determine a high value quotation for the contract package. A formal quotation will then be prepared for presentation to the customers. Upon securing an order by Sales, the Technical Estimator will prepare the relevant documents to share and discuss with internal customers and suppliers to start the process of delivering the customer order. Progress of the project will be monitored throughout and reported at regular review intervals.
- Produce costing for all labour and parts for the customer requirement.
- Liaise with Sales to determine a selling price.
- Submit quotation to the client.
- Oversee procurement of materials and prepare internal documentation once customer order is received and issue for manufacture.
- Control contract review and pre-production meetings.
- Monitor job progress through liaison with all departments and provide status updates to management and the client.
- Monitor actual costs against estimated costs.
|· Confident communicator|
|· Entrepreneurial approach|
|· Highly disciplined, a natural preference for clarity and best practice methodology. Able to take direction|
|· Used to working to tight budgets and time constraints|
|· Resilient, with the tenacity to get the job done.|
- Contributory pension scheme
- Company sick pay scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds