- Location: Ellesmere Port
- Contract: Permanent
I am looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a growing company in the North West. Based at their state of the art manufacturing plant, you will be responsible for;
· Lead a multi skilled maintenance organisation ensuring full regulatory compliance with all aspects of Instrument, Electrical and Mechanical engineering.
· Develop and maintain an Engineering Strategy and establish equipment specific maintenance policies for all critical equipment on site and implement Total Reliability. Specifically, around embedding the practices of equipment condition projects including Preventive and Predictive maintenance, Risk Based Inspection and Root Cause Analysis.
· Identification of Safety and Environmental Critical equipment and the development of the required maintenance policies for these items.
· Management of minor project construction activities, ensuring contractor HSE compliance and adherence to QA in project planning and execution.
· Collation and analysis of maintenance data. Identifying repetitive failures/trends and development of a maintenance and integrity improvement/optimisation programme.
· Co-ordinate, manage and analyse the execution of all maintenance activities (preventative, corrective and campaign) according to the planning schedule to ensure technical integrity is maintained, production is maximised and OPEX is minimised.
· Coordinate, manage and analyse the construction of modifications in accordance with the Operations minor modification procedure
· Produce and document a “Critical Spares “list for site and implement and manage spares inventory control and stores system.
· Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas.
· Develop and maintain the site MMS Set up machinery files as defects and repairs occur to build up a data base.
· Ensure all preventative maintenance systems meet with external requirements i.e HSE / EA
· Ensure quality checks are carried out accurately and all required data is recorded as required.
· Use specified running methods to ensure the plant is operated as specified.
· Highlight deviations from standard and implement corrective actions as required.
· Proactively manage the HSE aspects of all maintenance and integrity activities for both Argent and contract maintenance staff.
· Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
· Full responsibility for the safety of team members
· Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
· Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical or Instrumentation Degree Qualified Engineer preferred or HND with appropriate experience multi skill engineering management experience
· A combined Mechanical / Electrical qualification would be advantageous
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
· Previous experience working in a multi skilled maintenance management role essential, including preventative maintenance management, stock control and the practical application of engineering solutions.
· Previous experience of working in a process plant, with a FMCG, Process, Oil, Chemical background or similar.
· Previous people management experience is required; ability to manage, organise and motivate individuals
· Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements, pressure systems, electrical and mechanical systems
· IT literate with knowledge and understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
· Candidate must be tenacious, focused, solution driven and organised with the ability to roll their sleeves up when required – high levels of energy, commitment and sense of urgency required in an ever-changing environment.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds