- Salary: £11.10 Per Hour
- Location: Corwen
- Contract: Temporary
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
As Quality Assurance Team Leader, your role is to assist in maintaining a programme of quality assurance activity by ensuring that products manufactured and supplied by the company are safe, authentic legal and meet or exceed customer expectations. You will support production in regards to understanding, implementing and maintaining good manufacturing practices in both sites in accordance with the company procedures and BRC standards.
· Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices at all times
· Ensure that food safety, quality and the environment are not compromised
· Ensure all products are produced to agreed specification, within company HACCP & BRC systems
· Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and GMP in all areas
· Ensure that all rules, procedures and policies whether written or unwritten are adhered to
· Ensure site security procedures are adhered to
· Ensure that the site complies with the latest standards of the BRC Scope.
· Effective communication to senior management of all issues arising during the day
· New employee quality inductions
· Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a group of Quality Assurance Technicians to meet site goals and objectives
· Motivate the team to use their knowledge and skills to achieve the shared goals
· To manage and assist with the development of an effective quality assurance system, ensuring that Quality and Food Safety are appropriately managed to meet set objectives.
· To ensure that all finished product meet agreed specifications and investigate corrective actions in circumstances that the specification is outside the agreed parameters.
· To carry out all training required to meet the requirements of the role and to support in training to enable QA technicians and operatives to effectively and efficiently maintain the quality parameters to specification.
· To immediately report any incidences of poor manufacturing practice, H&S incidents or food safety concerns to any member of the Senior Management team.
· The coordination of external laboratory testing requirements, documentation of results, communication and corrective action of results which deviate from agreed specification.
· To form part of the HACCP and internal auditing team and assist during customer and 3rd party visits
Decisions you can take:
· Stop a production line if safety, food safety or quality is compromised
· Stop the intake or dispatch of product, raw materials or packaging if there is a concern with respect to food safety or product quality
· Allocation of overtime
You and your Quality Assurance team:
· Clear communication, good coordination and full cooperation are essential with all the following job holders
1. All production, warehouse, quality and engineering staff
2. Operational, supply chain and commercial management
· Use a highly flexible approach to support other team members
· Cover for colleagues breaks, absences, holidays etc as required
· Work a reasonable amount of overtime as business needs required
|Key Skills Required:
· A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience gained within a food manufacturing environment.
· Ideally holding a Food Science or Technology qualification or experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment
· Experience and/or knowledge of food safety standards (e.g. BRC), auditing and HACCP.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a strong eye for detail.
· Basic Food Hygiene,Level 3 HACCP & Internal Auditing qualification
· Full UK driving licence
· Well-developed analytical skills and numeracy
· Excellent organisation and time management skills essential, prioritising your tasks to contribute to the wider business objectives
· Ability to take responsibility and make decisions
· Significant understanding and interest in food manufacturing
· Ability to work under pressure and to be highly self-motivated