- Location: Runcorn
- Contract: Permanent
My client in Runcorn are currently recruiting for a QA Officer to join their growing team. The role will ensure all products meet the established standards of quality by administrating quality assurance standards and documentation management systems, such as those according to ISO 9001:2015, GLP & cGMP. My clients production facilities are located in India and China as joint venture partnerships and so there is opportunity for the right candidate to travel overseas periodically for auditing purposes.
The successful candidate will have strong technical (chemistry) knowledge and experience in a similar role.
You will play a key role in supporting our customers’ satisfaction, reporting to the Compliance Manager, key duties this will include:
- Implementation and maintenance of the companies QMS (Quality Management System) to adhere to the accredited ISO9001:2015 standard.
- Assist the Health and safety officer with the implementation of ISO14001 and ISO45001 standards.
- Prepare and document procedures for all business activities and conduct internal training of any new or revised procedures.
- Maintain the training records of all employees to recognise where training is lacking and apply the corrective requirements.
- Schedule and arrange and conduct internal auditing requirements relating to the QMS.
- Complete customer quality questionnaires in the support of current and new business.
- Cross checking analytical results against specification to approve and release products.
- Collection and compilation of statistical quality data and prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Liaise with our customers at joint venture locations over-seas to carry out and document quality audits.
- Support on-site audits conducted by external providers and conduct internal audits following the internal audit program.
- Monitor corrective and preventive actions of audits and deviations and supervise deviation management and change control activities.
- Create material safety data sheets to worldwide standards and be REACH aware.
- Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements.
- Qualification in chemistry or science related subject (BSc, HNC, HND considered) Certifications including Quality Management, Quality Improvement and auditing would be an advantage.
- Experience in quality management inspection & auditing within the chemical industry and implementation and completion of corrective action programs.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office. Excel and Word and Access.
- Smaller companies require their employees to adapt to the demands and changes experienced during a growth phase. The candidate should be willing to take on further responsibilities as required.
Keywords: QA officer, ISO, Chemistry, BSc, auditing
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds