Temp to Perm
- Salary: £13 - £14.50 Per Hour
- Location: Wolverhampton
- Contract: Temp to Perm
Vital People are currently looking for Production Planner to work for our client based in Wolverhampton. The company are well-established and are regarded as one of the leading organisations in their sector. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a similar position and be available to start end of January / early February.
The successful applicant will ensure goods manufactured are produced in a cost-effective way that meets quality specifications. Makes sure that goods are ready to distribute to customers in a timely fashion. Improves company’s production and distribution processes. Ensures the production and distribution of products runs smoothly.
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products
- Translating order intake to works instruction
- Planning order intake (works instructions) to machines
- Confirming production output
- Scheduling transport
- All of the related emails, communications internal and external
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Assign workers and other staff to particular production operations
- Schedule shift according to production needs
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Keep paperwork organized
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Proven experience as production planner (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles (essential)
- Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning) (desired)
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Excel (essential)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (desired)
- Good at math and statistics (desired)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills (essential)
- Excellent communication abilities (essential)
- High school diploma; Further education or certification is preferred not essential.
Keywords: production planner, planner, scheduling
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.