- Location: Chester
- Contract: Permanent
Join this manufacturing site located on the outskirts of Chester City Centre (relocation package considered for those looking to move to the area), where you’ll benefit from the option to working days with a generous shift rota to maximise the time you have off consecutively.
The Role – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer (electrical maintenance engineering bias)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical engineering bias, your duties will include, although not be limited to:
• Maintaining electrical and mechanical equipment and associated plant to a high standard
• Fault finding, responding to breakdowns and efficiently rectifying electrical and mechanical systems involving PLC control
• Working on planned preventative maintenance and improvements to plant and equipment and new projects
• Completing and controlling all necessary documentation around engineering activities
• Assisting with driving continuous improvement and lean activities
• Be a time served engineer with a City & Guilds / ONC in Electrical Engineering
• Excellent fault-finding skills for electrical / mechanical drive systems, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
• Working knowledge of modern AC & DC drive systems through to standard large motor starting systems
• Good working knowledge of PLCs, relay logic and hard-wired systems, HMI bus systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, and variable speed drives (AC/DC)
• Positive and proactive attitude with the ability to multi-task and assume responsibility
• Ability to undertake medium to heavy mechanical fitting work as and when required
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, you’ll benefit from:
• Permanent contract
• 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Contributory pension scheme (following successful probation period)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Healthcare cash plan
• Free car parking onsite
Daytime work (Salary of £36,000) – working 7am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday, and 7am to 11am on Fridays
For more information or to apply for this position please call our recruitment team on 0330 057 7335 or apply online for a call back.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.