- Salary: £19,300
- Location: Wrexham
- Contract: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Foundry Operative to join their busy and growing Foundry department. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the foundry team for day to day production with a focus on scrap, health and safety and department housekeeping.
- Melting metal, pouring metal into ladles or moulds.
- Removing castings from moulds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials.
- Cleaning equipment and work areas.
- Move sand, castings or other materials about the foundry by hand, using shovels, wheelbarrow or trolleys.
- Remove runners and sprues, or other projections from castings with a hammer or grinder.
- Stacking castings on pallets and inspecting for quality.
- Ensuring areas are clean and tidy.
- Following all Health & Safety procedures within the foundry.
Who are we looking for?
- Previous work experience within a heavy industrial environment
- Working in a hot environment.
- Flexible and committed to work, with a high degree of drive and enthusiasm.
- Committed to team principles.
- A good team player, able to co-operate with colleagues, and share information effectively.
- A good performance record indicating high quality, speed and accuracy of working.
- Capable of working to deadlines and production targets.
- Loyal / dedicated
- A good team player
KEYWORDS: Operative, production, manufacturing, industry, industrial
Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.