- Location: Deeside
- Contract: Temporary
As a Yard Operative you are responsible for loading and unloading of containers and curtain siders by use of Forklift Truck. You will also be responsible for the cleaning of yard and meeting site Health & Safety considerations.
- To operate a Forklift Truck on a daily basis
- Loading vehicles, in designated areas, removing non-conforming materials from input/output streams as well as other tasks associated with equipment
- Completing daily checks and ensuring machines are in good, safe working order and completing daily plant books
- Ensure all vehicles are loaded safely and with the correct materials for despatch and correct stacking of bales in designated areas.
- Cleaning of yard e.g sweep yard, jet wash, ramps and weighbridges
- Rotation of stock e.g load from different areas to ensure good rotation
- Reporting all/any issues and defects to Team Leader
- Assisting other team members, departments as and undertaking specific tasks by management as and when required
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment
- Ensure all Health & Safety considerations and standards are followed
- Conduct yourself in an appropriate manner and set a positive standard for all employees within Deeside Depot
- Adhoc duties as and when required.
to be thorough and pay attention to detail
- the ability to work well with others
- patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- to be flexible and open to change
- excellent verbal communication skills
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds