- Location: Burton On Trent
- Contract: Permanent
I am currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician for a world leading packaging company in Burton On Trent. The client have 140 years of experience within their industry and are now based over 43 countries! They are looking for an Electrical Technician to work on a Monday to Friday, single shift working pattern. The successful candidate will work within the manufacturing parameters of preventative maintenance; monitoring processes and equipment, reporting variances and taking corrective and remedial action when necessary.
The successful candidate will be motivated, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a high determination to succeed. They will be able to work unsupervised and to their own initiative. To be successful within this role, you will have completed a recognised electrical apprenticeship or equivalent and will have the IET 17th/18th edition qualification. You will have experience of modern manufacturing techniques and be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of 3 phase, 415V AC to 24V DC control, Siemens PLC fault finding and inverter drives.
- Have a knowledge of the following machinery; AC resistance welders – spot, projection, seam, circumferential; power presses up to 200T – Mechanical Key & friction clutch; In-direct gas fired process ovens; spray booths incorporating atex-rated equipment; automatic and semi-automatic metal forming machines; helium leak testing; pallet wrapping and strap banding machines
- Monitor processes and equipment, reporting variances and taking corrective and remedial action when necessary
- Identify potential improvements to achieve enhanced customer service and ensure projects achieve agreed objectives.
- Recognised electrical apprenticeship or equivalent
- IET 17th / 18th edition qualification
- Electrical/electronic engineering HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of 3 phase, 415V AC to 24V DC control
- Knowledge of Siemens PLC fault finding
Keywords: Electrical technician, electrical apprenticeship, 17th edition, 18th edition, electronic engineering HNC, electrical engineering HNC
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds