Temp to Perm
- Salary: £17.36 Per Hour
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Temp to Perm
Our client based in Chester is currently looking for CNC Lathe Programmer to join their existing team, due to increased demand. This client is a worldwide supplier of building products and site is one of the UK’s largest suppliers for a variety of metal products.
The CNC Lathe Programmer/Setter/Operator will enable and control the following:-
- Ensuring that Health & Safety standards are complied with including CLAW regulations and specific duties under them
- Ensuring that the company’s Environmental Management System (EMS) standards are complied with
- Read and interpret engineering drawings to produce work of an acceptable quality, following the company’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Ability to program, set and operate CNC lathe including live tooling and 3rd axis
- Ability to set and operate various machine tools including conventional lathes, milling machines, pedestal drills, radial arm drill, bench & surface grinders
- Set machines for production operatives in a safe and efficient manner
- Were necessary, use of overhead crane and slinging of loads to facilitate loading of machinery
- Must be fully conversant in the use of inspection equipment
- Must be able to measure accurately to within +/- 0.025mm
- Be able to work to tolerances of +/- 0.05mm
- Must have ability to plan method of work including tooling, jigs and fixtures etc.
- To advise supervision of any relevant issues that may arise
- To implement corrective actions that have been issued
- Previous experience in an engineering company
- Time served recognised apprenticeship
- Recognised qualification in CNC programming
- Experience in Fanuc programming
- Experience of CNC milling machines
- Knowledge of Heidenhain programming
KEYWORDS: CNC, lathe, Setter, Operator, programming, milling, Heidenhain, Fanuc
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.