Temp to Perm
- Salary: £38,000 - £45,000
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Temp to Perm
Vital People are currently recruiting a Cleaning Manager on behalf of a facilities management company based near to Chester. Working as the Cleaning Manager, you will be responsible for the day-today delivery, management, and monitoring of cleaning services to a standard consistent with the agreed level of service in a compliant, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner. Provide effective leadership and direction of a team of Team Leaders and a Storekeeper.
Monday to Friday hours
Salary £38,000-£45,000 +bonus
- Undertake consistent and regular monitoring of cleaning services, in line with agreed performance and service levels
- Undertake consistent regular monitoring of the provision of contracted services for window cleaning, hygiene services and pest control
- Provide advice on cleaning processes, materials and equipment
- Establish and maintain a positive team relationship across the Contract
- Encourage well-trained and motivated staff
- Conduct staff performance reviews and appraisals
- Ensure that the required cleaning consumable items and equipment are readily available for use across the site
- Ensure the prompt reporting of any building, engineering or equipment defects
- Ensure that risk assessments, COSHH assessments and safe systems of work are in place across the site
- Review, audit and monitor all health and safety arrangements within areas of responsibility
- Ensure appropriate training – induction, mandatory, professional refresher – as relevant to the duties to be undertaken, including any change of working environment, or new or changed risks
- Promptly report and investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across the sites, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place
- Ensure a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and maintain effective relationships with key client contacts
- To review and develop training programmes for cleaning staff, ensuring these reflect the requirements of contract
- Ensure basic training needs are delivered, including tool box talks to ensure that all staff are fully competent to undertake their roles
- Manage teams in accordance with company procedures and Policies
- Priorities and delegate reactive and planned tasks to the area team ensuring optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved and service level agreements and KPS’s are met, ensuring that the in house database is updated in a timely manner and to the standard required by the workbooks
- Report on staffing levels and holiday/absence cover
- Monitor staff performance and ensure service delivery
- Continually identify improvement methods to ways of working, service delivery and cost reduction opportunities.
Key words: Cleaning Manager, Cleaning, Cleaning Team Leader, Cleaning Supervisor
Unfortunately, due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.