- Location: Manchester
- Contract: Permanent
My client is an expanding company in the Telecoms industry. They are looking for an experienced CAD Technician to join their team based in the Manchester area.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for producing General Arrangement drawings and detailed design drawings for telecommunication base stations using CAD and AutoCAD. You will be accountable for making sure that the drawings are correct and buildable to save the company both time and money, and that they are compliant with the relevant health and safety regulations.
Producing accurate & legible GA’s & DD’s using the AutoCAD system to the highest quality and to SLA and KPI’s
- Amendments to GA’S & DD’s to the highest quality and to SLA and KPI’s
- Reading and interpret the MSV (Multi skilled visit) correctly
- Viewing and interpreting all site photos correctly
- Reviewing the MSV with the Engineer who visited the site prior to starting the drawings to ensure correct interpretation and to capture all requirements
- Liaison with the CAD Coordinator and Design Manager regarding issues and amendments
- Liaison with Build team when required on Site Design issues and changes
It is essential that you have the following to be successful in this role;
· Experience of Computer Aided Design – (AutoCAD) in a similar Telecoms role > 3 years
· Experience of Technical Drawing within industry (not just at college/university) > 3 years
· Good Commercial Acumen (understanding of the commercial impact designs will have upon both the customer and the business)
· Knowledge of CAD (AutoCAD)
· Excellent understanding of CAD & Basic technical drawing practices
· Excellent people management skills (have the ability to work effectively within a team environment to ensure effective project delivery)
· Excellent communication skills (Communicate in a clear and concise manner to ensure no conflict occurs and impacts project delivery)
· General Mobile Operator experience
There may be the need for some travel to the UK headquarters as well as late or weekend work supporting the design team.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds